Tuesday, March 8

International women's day

On this international women's day, I think it is blatantly superficial to just wish women around us and let it be. Of course I am thankful to all the women in my life - from my mother, sister, teachers to friends and colleagues.
Along with that, a few thoughts:

Where young boys are not programmed to refer women as maal,
Where society doesn't make women flag-bearers of family honor,
Where rape culture is not normalized by silencing and shaming the victims,
Where jokes objectifying women are not considered funny,
Where religions that discriminate women become irrelevant,
Where everyday sexism is routinely called out,
Where those who are proud of not being feminists are non-existent,
Into that modern society with free thought,
Into that culture of parity may my country awake!

I hope we achieve this in our lifetimes for a better society :)

3 comments:

Poojya said...

Your respect for women is blatant in your articles. Appreciate your thoughts.

Harish said...

Nice and interesting information and informative, I found similar information which was quite helpful while I was travelling to Banglore and was looking for
, places to see in a day in Banglore

Garry Gahan said...

ESD Wrist Strap is a basic and widely facility in ESD equipment usage, which is very convenient for workers to operate and enables them to ground while working on the Sensitive Electronics. It is compose of wrist loop and grounding wire, the wrist loop is contact with skin directly. Visit our website anti static wristband to learn more.